Sunday 30 October 2011

Gnome3 Install issue

Gnome3 Install issue

I hope that I'm posting this in the right area. I just set up Arch Linux on a Dell Studio XPS 7100. It has a ATI Radeon HD 6450 graphics card in it. As I went to install gnome on the machine, a few of the files were "Completely Ignored."

I have used Ubuntu and other Debian based Linux OS's for several years, so I've got some basics, but haven't learned this level of troubleshooting yet. Needless to say when I tried to put in gnome-session it failed to display.

Could someone assist me in getting the proper deamon in place or config to get the display to work so I can get Gnome up on this machine. I'm also open to looking at other display options. I just want to get a good output for a multi-monitor system.

I have been slowly drifting away from Windows and now I want to make my full move away from it. So I started with the newest system I have with the newest video card I have with a distro that I'm not familiar with to start this process. Go for the hardest first type of thing.

Thanks for the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment