Monday 31 October 2011

Samba + AD Permission Trouble

Samba + AD Permission Trouble

Hello Friends

i got samba + winbind integrated with my AD 2k3 and i`m able to view AD users using wbinfo -u
i`ve setup my samba server to auto-create home directories for my AD users when ever they access my linux server

MY PROBLEM is that when a user try to access his home Directory on the linux box he gets an authentication window, even after entering his Credentials the system dosen`t allow him to access the Directory, although i know its a permission issue , i cant figure out what is missing in my smb.conf file

i tried to create the user home directory manually and gave it a permission for the AD-User Account, but al in vain !

i`ve had a look on this wiki but i got lost comparing it to my configuration .


here is a closer look at my smb.conf ...

Code:


# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from UNKNOWN (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2011/10/31 22:27:19

[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        realm = MYDOMAIN
        server string = Samba Server Version %v
        security = ADS
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        cups options = raw

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = yes
        writable = yes
     

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

i would be very thankful guys if u can help me with this

Regards
Saed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment