Sunday 30 October 2011

New to the Community

New to the Community

So I have been using Linux for about 4 years now. During which I started learning it because it is becoming needed in the IT field, and it has developed to the point that I want to make the switch from Microsoft to Linux.

I have dabbled around with quite a few distros, most of them Debian variants. In the IT world I'm a server virtualization guy that also does IT Consulting work. That is a field that requires you to know a thing or two about Microsoft products. I even worked for them for a year, and after getting a full taste of who they are... It solidified my desires to make the move to what I feel is a more socially responsible format and culture.

So I hope that over time I can be an asset to the Linux community, but for now, label me noob and let's get the beatings overwith ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment