Saturday 29 October 2011

Problem with dropbox.list.save in LMDE

Problem with dropbox.list.save in LMDE

I am getting the following error after a fresh install of Linux Mint Debian Edition and a fresh install of Dropbox from the repository. I have no idea where to start. Any help?

Ignoring file 'dropbox.list.save' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extensionThe method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/https could not be found.
The repository in ...list.d is linux.dropbox.com/ubuntu lucid main.

I posted this on the Dropbox forums but never received any responses. I have found some more discussion in posts, some pretty old. I tried changing both dropbox.list and dropbox.list.save to maverick but no help. I also have found a post that said the Ubuntu repositories for dropbox no longer work for debian. Adding to my frustration, I unchecked that repository in Update Manager but continue to get the same error message whenever it refreshes so obviously I am confused even in my workaround.

Here is what is currently in that .save file:
deb http://linux.dropbox.com/ubuntu maverick main

No comments:

Post a Comment