Monday 31 October 2011

Internal harddrive read-only(hitachi SATA 650Gb)

Internal harddrive read-only(hitachi SATA 650Gb)

Hi,

I have an odd problem...well an annoying problem. My internal hard drive is read only which is O.K. unless you need to write to it or say boot it.

So what happened? I really don't know, I sent my computer to get some maintenance done on it because it won't boot, won't power up, it won't even go so far as post any POST errors. It was dead...Wait a minute, I think the power supply fan worked anyways the Acer maintenance people said I had a bad RAM module and they replaced it and said the computer is now fine. Well its fine except now the internal hard drive is read only? I tried accessing the drive via PartedMagic but couldn't delete/format or write to the hard drive(I could read the hard drive with PartedMagic). What can cause a hard drive to be read only?

No comments:

Post a Comment