Wednesday 30 November 2011

Basic Knoppix 6.2 questions

Basic Knoppix 6.2 questions

I have a Knoppix 6.2 LiveCD that boots up fine on a Windows XP home machine sp2.

It then gives me menus where I can mount a hard-drive or partition, no problem there, it lists all of the computer's volumes and allows me to choose which volume I want to look at in File Manager.

Two problems occur next:
1) It complains about which charset to use - there's an error, perhaps it doesn't know my volumes are of a certain type, naturally, they are NTFS.

2) Then when I choose to skip rather than cancel or whatever, I am able to browse my directories quite well, and there are 10 commands at the bottom but the commands always give an error - should I use a number, a letter, or the whole word?

Anyone know what I am talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment