Monday 28 November 2011

New to Linux need help with Conky and Gedit...

New to Linux need help with Conky and Gedit...

I seem to have found myself in a mess of confusion.
Originally I began following a tutorial for installing Conky.

It states, "Save a copy of the original conky.conf in another location and open the original file with Gedit Text Editor"

So I am trying to install Gedit...
I type ./configure in the terminal but I get this

configure: error: Enchant library not found or too old. Use --disable-spell to build without spell plugin.

I need some help, or possibly reference to a tutorial a bit more simplified. I am not used to ./configure not working on my first try and I do not understand if I have to install each one of these things it checks for or if I am making things more complicated than they have to be.

Oh and if it matters I am running Ubuntu 11.10 with LXDE

Thanks for you time.

No comments:

Post a Comment