Monday 28 November 2011

Full disk encryption

Full disk encryption

Hi, I use truecrypt for full system disc encryption in windows (from XP onwards) and have tried it with ubuntu and Mint but without success. I also recently tried a dual boot system but truecrypt will not do full disc encryption with two operating systems on the one disc - so it says and as far as I know. I tried installing Xubuntu using Wubi inside Vista and truecrypt does encrypt the system disc but the Xubuntu won't boot.

Is it possible to fully encrypt the system disc of an ubuntu (ubuntu, Xubuntu, Mint etc) machine either as a stand alone machine or as a dual boot system?

I know I can run fully encrypted virtual linux machines under windows 7 but I want to run Linux as either the primary system and/or as part of a multi boot system.

PS. I understand Fedora has fulldisc encryption but did not find any i2p or other packages as rpms. Is it possible to run a multi-boot system with full disc encryption with fedora as the primary operating system?

No comments:

Post a Comment