Wednesday 30 November 2011

recovery mode and password

recovery mode and password

Dual boot (2HDD) Ubuntu and XP. Ubuntu is on its own hard drive. I can access regular account with no problem. Password works as it's supposed to.

If I try recovery mode, at the end it asks for username and password. However, it will not accept what I use for regular access and set up the Ubuntu account with. Just sits there at the prompt and says incorrect.

What is it looking for? Windows has never had a password, so it can't be that.

This happened with 10.10 and now 11.04. Do you have to set up a Ubuntu one account for a general password? I never have as I want nothing to do with cloud storage. I do not share if I don't have total control. In fact, I want to delete Ubuntu One.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment