Friday 28 October 2011

Dell Inspiron 9400 Wireless Problems

Dell Inspiron 9400 Wireless Problems

It was suggested that I repost my wireless problems into another thread. Here it is. I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop that has a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller and a Dell Wireless 1390 WLan Mini-Card. I run Windows 7 Ultimate and have no problems connecting to the wireless router. However, when connecting using Ubuntu, I get nothing.

One of the replies in the other forum said to run three commands and post the output. Here are the results, in their entirety, as executed:

dmesg:
[13.786857][Firmware.Bug]: Duplicate ACPI Video Bus devices
for the same VGA controller. Please try module parameter
"video.allow_duplicates=1" if the current driver doesn't work.

lspci:
0c:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311
802.11b/g WLAN (rev07)

lsusb:
Nothing returned from this command.

The commands that were given to use that gave me these results were as follows:

dmesg | grep -i firmware
lspci | grep -i network
lsusb | grep -i network

Please note: The lsusb command came back with no results at all. Also, I also had this problem with Ubuntu 11.04. I had hoped that upgrading to 11.10 would help. But it didn't, as I have the same issue. It was also suggested that I had not entered the entire results of these commands when posting. I assure you that everything is posted. If there are any other software switches that need to be activated in these commands to get a more complete result, please inform me, as I am only entering the commands as suggested.

Thank you in advance for all of your assistance. Unfortunately, my technical experience is limited mostly to mainframes and midrange systems. I am attempting to learn Ubuntu on my own, so I'd really appreciate some help with regards to this.

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment