Wednesday 26 October 2011

Harddisk Capacity

Harddisk Capacity

Hi Guys ^^

i have installed a SNMP agent to monitoring all my server in my office, including the Harddisk capacity. one of my servers is Redhat, which is i got some confusing condition when i compared the harddisk capacity between my SNMP agent and the physical harddisk (i'm using df -h -a command)

in my SNMP agent showed me that the capacity is 187 GB, but when i check to server remotely and i type df -h -a command, it showed me below output :

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 9.5G 7.0G 2.1G 78% /
proc 0 0 0 - /proc
sysfs 0 0 0 - /sys
devpts 0 0 0 - /dev/pts
tmpfs 1006M 0 1006M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda2 49G 5.3G 41G 12% /webapps
none 0 0 0 - /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc

and if i added all the size it doesnt match with the capacity on SNMP agent

my question is, which one is true, whether the SNMP agent or df -a -h Command ?

need your help guys,
and Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment