Thursday 27 October 2011

Newbie Bash Multiple Entry problem

Newbie Bash Multiple Entry problem

Hello,

I've just started using bash and have a really simple problem, I've tried searching but I'm not sure what the problem is called

I've wrote a simple script that essentially takes input in from a line using read -e and then performs an action, the action is just to take information from one place.. say 10,000 files, then cut it into sections and copy elsewhere

I've done this, but I want to enter multiple sections, I might want 3 or 4 sections from the source data

Simply put I don't want to have to enter the command when the action has finished

i.e currently

enter data in line of what I want and where to put it
action performed

what I want is to..

enter data in line
enter different data in line
enter different data in line

action performed
action performed
action performed

Thanks for your help

No comments:

Post a Comment