Sunday 6 November 2011

Install Internet Explorer in WINE: how to launch

Install Internet Explorer in WINE: how to launch

I think I installed IE. :rolleyes:

Opened the download from the MS web site and the entire install process appeared to go fine managed by WINE including the final message to reboot the computer.

Problem is I cannot figure out where it is installed or how to launch the program?

If I try to install a different version WINE complains that a newer version is already installed.

Since I am setting this up for someone else I really need a launch icon in the menu or at least on the desktop.

( IE is required to access the web site of the MLS and the user is a realtor so IE is a necessity for this purpose )
Already installed are cabextract and IEs4linux
I am pretty new and ignorant about much of linux. Please speak to me in terms a novice will understand ! :)

I can read and follow instructions but don't always know what questions to ask in order to know what to read or what is relevant to a problem. I have not found much information in searches to help me solve this issue.


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment