Tuesday 20 December 2011

PHP/MYSQL: 2 similar codes, one fails

PHP/MYSQL: 2 similar codes, one fails

Back Story:
Hired to do PHP/MYSQL work on a race website.
Need to dump MYSQL database into Windoze spreadsheet (though that part works just fine)
This is what works:

PHP Code:


$sql 
"SELECT * FROM participants AS T1, race2011 AS T2 WHERE T1.id = T2.racerid";

    
$result mysql_query($sql);

    while(
$cols mysql_fetch_assoc($result) ){

        if( !isset($columnLabels) ){

            foreach(
$cols AS $key){

                
$columnLabels[] = ucwordsstr_replace("_"" "$key) );
     &n! bsp;&nbs p;     }
            
$row[] = $columnLabels;
        }
        
$row[] = $cols;
    } 

This dumps a spreadsheet of 2011's racers. Now, I need a dump of all racers ever. When I try replacing $sql with "SELECT * FROM PARTICIPANTS", it doesn't work for an unknown reason. I know for a fact that it's not a server or Apache problem.

I @THINK@ that the search results aren't being stored to $row properly, but I have no idea. Can someone please help me? I've been working on this all day and can't manage to figure this one out. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment