Saturday 24 December 2011

Strangest Problem Yet

Strangest Problem Yet

Ok, this is the strangest problem I have yet to encounter with Ubuntu.

My computer (running Ubuntu 11.10) is unable to use the Internet through either the Wireless LAN connection or the Ethernet connection. It will connect to the network in both instances, but thats about it. I am unable to access the internet. As soon as I connect this computer, the entire connection becomes unresponsive and I have to disconnect and re-start the router to restore the connection. All other devices connected to the router are unable to access the internet as soon as the Ubuntu computer is connected.

If I boot Ubuntu straight from the USB stick it is installed from, then all internet functions work just fine. Because of this, I have been able to rule out a hardware issue as the cause of the problem.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing. I'm trying my best to describe the situation. I may make a video this evening to help document the problem.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment