Wednesday 21 December 2011

Recommendation About Backtrack

Recommendation About Backtrack

Well, I just currenlty planning to download Backtrack 5 R1 but I stuck with something.

First, there's two favor as you guys know, Gnome and KDE. Currently I am using Fedora with Gnome, and it works perfectly for me. But when I go through some Backtrack Tutorials or something, most of them is using KDE. The interface looks perfect but recently when I was using Fedora with KDE, I got a lot of problems in web browsing:
1. The built in browser Konqueror, wasn't too happy with the flash plugin.
2. Then I installed the mozilla, the 'scim' chinese input not working.
So the conclusion is, if I need flash, I need to open the mozilla, then if I need to type chinese, i need Konqueror. It just wasting time to use 2 browser at once. lol

Then, I am thinking about using Backtrack as my main os, even the ONLY OS, but I worry it's difficult to have other application like Mozilla, Chinese Input, even VLC player. If I'm using Fedora, I can just install them with 'yum', but I don't think Backtrack have the same mehtod.

Please someone give some suggestion or solution about these.
Thanks =)

No comments:

Post a Comment