Friday 23 December 2011

Linux install issue - computer won't boot from CD or USB

Linux install issue - computer won't boot from CD or USB

I'm trying to install 11.10 on a new Lenovo IdeaPad that came with Windows 7. I've tried putting the .iso on a CD and a USB and rebooted multiple times, but the computer isn't booting from the CD or the USB; it keeps reloading Windows.

When I try to run the CD through Windows, there's an option for the CD to install a boot helper. When I try to install that boot helper, I get this message:


"An error occurred:

'WindowsBackend' object has no attribute 'cd_path'

For more information, please see the log file: c:\users\notatp\appdata\local\temp\wubi-11.10-rev241.log"


Any ideas how I can get it to boot and install? I successfully installed to my old computer. The new IdeaPad is not so cooperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment