Thursday 22 December 2011

Gnome 3 freezes Ubuntu 11.10

Gnome 3 freezes Ubuntu 11.10

So basically, I'm trying to get Ubuntu all set up, it installs no problem and works just fine. But I have a problem when it comes to using Gnome Shell. For some reason, every time I install Gnome Shell it messes everything up, I'll install it, and it'll run fine for about 5 minutes then everything freezes and I have to force shut down the computer.

And it's not a problem of using just Gnome Shell, if I install Gnome Shell, I can't even use Unity without the system crashing.

I have to re-install ubuntu all over again just so everything will work (I've re-installed 3 times now)

So, right now I don't have Gnome Shell installed, but I was just kind of wondering why it does this and if there is something that I can do to fix it? If not, that's okay, Unity is cool.. but I'd prefer to run Gnome.

I'm on a Mac, dualbooting with OSX.

No comments:

Post a Comment