Thursday 22 December 2011

Stuttering performence raid

Stuttering performence raid

Hi out there, Im kinda n00b on this. But in my machine running ClearOS, I have a sata-card, and set it up as raid, raid 1 I think. So 2 x 1TB hdd's seems like 1 x 1TB but redudant to hw-failure.

But now to the problem, in linux I wasnt found the hdds as raid. So I googled and found to use mdadm to make a raid. And then I can see the raid when 'cat /proc/mdstat', output:
Code:

[yabbah ~]# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1]
md0 : active raid1 sdh1[1] sdg1[0]
      976759936 blocks [2/2] [UU]
     
unused devices: <none>

On that device I have all my ripped dvd's to the kids. But when they watch them the movies (doenst matter what movie the choise) start buffering after 4 minutes, and then it stops playing completely. This start to drive me nuts.

I tried copy a iso-file from that device over my network to my computer, I saw that after about 1gb copied, it paus the copy for about 20seconds. Same after 2,3, and 4 gb. So something is completely wrong.

How can I solve this without loosing the data?

Kind regards and marry christmas
yabbah

No comments:

Post a Comment