Tuesday 20 December 2011

Trouble mounting NTFS root as ro in Clonezilla

Trouble mounting NTFS root as ro in Clonezilla

I'm using the most recent version of Clonezilla based on Oneiric. It is installed to a single NTFS partition (did some syslinux magic) - /dev/sdb1.

On boot, $mount shows nothing for sdb1 while /proc/mounts shows that sdb1 has been automounted as read-only ntfs (not ntfs-3g) to /live/image. When I issue $umount /live/image, I am told the device is busy. When I issue $umount /dev/sdb1, I am told that it isn't mounted. I CAN do a lazy unmount of /live/image, and that works, but when I try to mount the location as type ntfs-3g so it can be rw, I am told that the device is busy.

What the heck am I missing??? I just want to have Clonezilla automount this drive as ntfs-3g rw so I can use it to save images. Right now, I can only restore them, and that's only half-functional! I'm having a blonde moment, I think. Thanks for the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment