Saturday 24 December 2011

Just installed openSUSE: my thoughts!

Just installed openSUSE: my thoughts!

Let it be known that I am still new to Linux and trying out new things!

Im using KDE for the first time now guys. I really like what I see with open-SUSE 12.1. It looks the part and I never been more motivated to use Firefox as my default browser for some reason. In open-SUSE 12.1 Firefox seems perfect compared to the other distros I tried like Linux Mint 11 and Ubuntu 11.04. The only problem I have is getting use to how openSUSE deals with installing software. Its easy but not as easy as a Debian based distros. Also I dont understand why I can not create icons on my desktop. Well I could be they have to be inside that little plasma square that KDE provides on the desktop(Why I have no clue). Certain things like right clicking do not present options that you would expect in KED. I thing that KDE looks very modern but I find it harder to navigate then gome, gome 2.x that is since I have not tried gome 3.x yet. But I am torn because I really love the modern look of KDE, it almost reminds me of a mac but Im use to how gome functions in general and ! the applications associated with gnome. Should I stick with open-SUSE, or go back to Mint and just install gnome 3 since I am use to mint? Is there a good reason to stick with open-SUSE besides how damn sexy its KDE version looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment