Tuesday 20 December 2011

Bacula tape backup

Bacula tape backup

Does anybody can guide me to configure bacula with the following scenario.

I have the latest version of bacula installed and the server is connected to HP MSL tape library. The tape library test has been passed and I am able to read and write files to the tape. I need to backup around 20 servers to the tape drive , full backup on monthly basis , differential weekly and incremental daily. One tape should be enough to hold the backup of a month (daily inc, weekly diff, and monthly full). I would like to automate it in a way that Bacula makes a full backup , say 1st friday of every month and incremental daily and differential weekly to the same tape until the end of month. Once the month is over or the next full backup time reached it should eject this tape to the mail slot and auto load another available tape.

Does anyone has similar scenario working?

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment