Tuesday 20 December 2011

Installing and configuring proftpd on CentOS 6

Installing and configuring proftpd on CentOS 6

Hello all,

I have a box running CentOS 6 for the purpose of hosting a website. I need to have FTP access set up but seem to be having a bit of trouble!

I have installed proftpd, what seems to have installed with no problem. I can see the proftpd server control panel if I click on 'ProFTPD Server' under Unused Modules in Webmin. However, when I click on Start Service there, nothing seems to happen. I also tried to start the service by using the command 'service proftpd start' in SSH window but I don't get any error, it just appears not to do anything.

If anybody could shed any light, I'd be most grateful - I'm new to Linux and am pulling my hair out over this...

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment