Sunday 11 December 2011

BIG PROBLEM - Reshaping mdadm RAID5

BIG PROBLEM - Reshaping mdadm RAID5

Hi,

I have a huge problem. A couple of days ago I've runned a reshaping of my RAID5 array from 10 to 8 HDDs. FS is ext4. So first I've done:

Code:

resize2fs /dev/md2 11000G
e2fsck -f /dev/md2
mdadm /dev/md2 --grow --array-size=12000000000
mdadm /dev/md2 --grow --raid-devices=8 --backup-file=/root/backup

and after 2 days it finished giving me an array with 10 HDDs, which included 2 spares (so everything ok untill now)
But then I've done some stupid thing. Didn't calculate the size and executed:

Code:

mdadm /dev/md2 --grow --raid-devices=7 --backup-file=/root/backup
and it started reshaping.
I've stopped the reshaping process at about 10% (it took some tim for my stupid brain to process what I've done)

Will I be able to fix the file system after that reshaping ? Or I've lost 10TB of data ??

Any suggestions welcome (preferably ones that will help me to keep my data)

No comments:

Post a Comment