Thursday 15 December 2011

Compile Errors ??

Compile Errors ??

Hi, I'm new to this forum ... and having a problem with compiling on Linux (Ubuntu 11:10)

I am also new to using Linux (so this may well be my problem!!) but I have been successfully using CodeBlocks on Win7 for a couple of months now for some simple VST plugin development.

I am trying to get to get the again VST plugin demo from the Steinberg SDK to compile using CodeBlocks. I have successfully done this on a Windows PC, but on Linux it isn't working. I have done everything the same (except directories and linker paths are different of course), but I am getting errors

For example, the aeffect.h header file contains this line of code:

Quote:

126. *typedef VstIntPtr (VSTCALLBACK *AEffectDispatcherProc) (AEffect* effect, VstInt32 opcode, VstInt32 index, VstIntPtr value, void* ptr, float opt);
which is generating this error:

Quote:

/home/mark/SoftDev/SDK/vstsdk2.4/pluginterfaces/vst2.x/aeffect.h|126|error: expected ')' before '*' token|
Why is the compiler expecting *')' before '*' ?? *It's fine on Win7 *and I am using GNU GCC as the compiler for both platforms.

None of the code is mine, it's all just the SDK demo code that I am using as a means of testing a setup for working on Linux. But as it worked on Win7 I need some guidance on what I am missing & what is going wrong here.

Many thanks
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment