Monday 19 December 2011

cross_compile and static linking

cross_compile and static linking

Hi.
I have cross_compiled a few different things for Android over the last year. Now I'm trying to do the same with samba, but this gives me some problems. The configure part ignores everything I tell it to do.

I have a arm cross compiler installed that is set in the CC variable. But when i tell ./configure to use --prefix, --enable-static, --host and --disable-shared it makes no difference. The binaries that comes out of 'make' is not statically linked, they are not cross_compiled for arm and the installation dir is still set to /usr/local/samba although I changed it.

How do I compile samba for Android?
And I know there are a samba android package, but that is not what i am looking for. I don't want the app, just the binaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment