Monday 19 December 2011

distro advice for Asus eee PC 1015B

distro advice for Asus eee PC 1015B

Dear all,
I'm running easypeasy on an ASUS eee PC 1015B. Unfortunately, it's not running smoothly, and I'm thinking easypeasy 1.6, based on ubuntu 10 (10.04 if I recall correctly) may be too old. Also, this eee is powered by the AMD Fusion APU C50, and most eee support focuses on Intel chips.

The quirks that my eee has are sound/mic issues, problems with suspend/hibernating, short battery life, and general stability issues (system freezes under load for no apparent reason).

So here's where I'm asking your advise:
Which distro would you recommend?

I generally feel most at home on Debian-like systems, and I liked the easypeasy Desktop, but I'm not bound to either.


Right now I'm thinking: Mint 12 LXDE, but I'd have to wait until that is released.

kai

No comments:

Post a Comment