Wednesday 14 December 2011

Dual boot/Triple boot/Quad Boot

Dual boot/Triple boot/Quad Boot

I'm currently running Windows 7, but am very interested in learning the ins and outs of Linux in general.

I can make Win7 dual boot with Ubuntu 11.10 or Fedora 16.

I want to know how to boot to Win7, Ubuntu 11.10, Fedora 16, and possible even more. I have a dedicated hard drive just for the Linux OSs.

The main thing I am wondering is this GRUB vs. GRUB2 thing. Apparently Ubuntu uses GRUB2 and so does OpenSUSE 12.1, and they will probably work fine in a triple boot scenario, but I haven't been able to find out whether Fedora 16 uses GRUB or GRUB2.

Any tips/hints/suggestions will be welcome. I want to be a Linux guy (except for MMOs in my spare time).

1 comment:

  1. Fedora 16 uses GRUB2 as well. There are MANY reports of problems with Fedora GRUB2 and Ubuntu GRUB2 not playing nicely.

    ReplyDelete