Thursday 1 December 2011

/etc/cron.daily/makewhatis.cron: Cron error each day

/etc/cron.daily/makewhatis.cron: Cron error each day

I keep continually getting this error message in my inbox for Centos 5.7 (it's exactly the same as any of the other RHEL, infact it's closer to RHEL than Fedora is even).

But it's suddenly started appearing since last weekend I think.

Quote:

Subject: Cron <root(at)mynode> run-parts /etc/cron.daily

Message content:
/etc/cron.daily/makewhatis.cron:

/usr/sbin/makewhatis: line 39: mktemp: command not found
/etc/cron.daily/rpm:

/etc/cron.daily/rpm: line 3: /bin/mktemp: No such file or directory
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this, I really don't understand what it actually does, can someone help it is just to clean up so the error doesn't appear but is it anything critial at all?

Any help is much appreciated and I look forward to any replies,
Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment