Thursday 1 December 2011

Fedora 14 hanging on boot

Fedora 14 hanging on boot

Hi ^^
I'm new to Linux so bear with me
My F14 PC (the only OS installed) hangs on boot.
After a normal shut down yesterday, I opened it but the boot lasts forever, pressed F8 to see what's going on, I found it hanging on "Starting SMB services" and generating errors (I'm not able to remember what they were) so I shut it down using the power button ^^'
Same thing over and over for about 4 times, then the fifth time I decided to wait (for sooo long) and it passed the boot and the GUI started
Not a long time after, the GUI suddenly stopped functioning, not knowing what I should do I again shut it down using the power button and then restarted it, this time it hangs again and after a long wait it displayed "Unable to mount root filesystem. Sleeping forever"

I tried over and over, it's always the same thing, whether hangs on Starting SMB services or just hangs and displays the Sleeping forever message I don't know what's wrong with it, and am not not sure what to do, I have a live usb with F13 but don't know what commands to run in it

Sorry for the long message and thanks for anyone who's willing to try to help me ^^

Attachment 3942Attachment 3943Attachment 3944Attachment 3945

PS: Sorry for the bad quality of the images tried to take them while it's booting to show you the kind of messages that are displayed
Attached Images

No comments:

Post a Comment