Monday 5 December 2011

Fedora 16 turn off Automounting (hald & messagebus)

Fedora 16 turn off Automounting (hald & messagebus)

I need to turn off automounting in Fedora 16 so I can do forensic analysis on it rather than using slackware 13.37 which is rather user unfriendly for a newbie. I know in slackware you turn off hald and messagebus which exist in /etc/rc.d to ensure no devices are automounted. Yet I can't seem to figure out how to do the same thing in Fedorar 16.

After doing some research online last night I came across the systemctl command. when I run it I see (Arbitrary Executable File Formats File System Automount Point) is this what automounts external devices when they are plugged in? (usb external storage etc...)

I would appreciate any help or links to information I can read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment