Sunday 18 December 2011

How to select screen resolution with kernel paramters

How to select screen resolution with kernel paramters

Hi, I would like to be able to select what screen resolution is used at startup. What I am trying to accomplish is to have it easy for the user to select what resolution to use in the grub menu because the user will not have access to gnome. I know it is not that hard to change the resolution but in this case I do not want the user to have any knowledge of the underlying system (he should not have to care). The user just starts the computer, can then select in the startup what resolution to use, and thereafter sees the program he is using. I know I could have auto detect but that is not always what is best. Does anybody have a idea how this can be done, and does it matter if I use the Nvidia driver?

No comments:

Post a Comment