Thursday 15 December 2011

I need a maximal file length beyond 255.

I need a maximal file length beyond 255.

Hello I'm a windows user searching for a solution , I have a extensive hierarchy of files and in some folders I'm hitting the 255 file name limit.

I'm searching for a solution to this problem , is there one on Linux ? Is there a file system that supports filenames that are 1024 characters long ? This would be ideal and I don't see how I can hit a 1000 character limit in the future (if there is one beyond 1000 like 2048 I will be even more happy ).

The only other requirement is that he file system supports partitions of 50TiB or 300TiB and file sizes of minimally 2GiB.

And if this is possible so that I set up a Linux server for all the computers will windows freak out if linked to file names longer then 255 characters on a Linux server ?

No comments:

Post a Comment