Sunday 11 December 2011

LDAP Possibilites

LDAP Possibilites

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up a UTM kind of machine and I have the following software already installed on the system

Base OS = Debian 6
Squid (with SquidGuard and HAVP)
OpenVPN
Snort (With BASE)
fwbuilder
Apache
MySQL

My Deployment Scenario is such -

I will be having a centralized Server which will control all the UTMs located at the branch sites. The branch UTM will also have the above software config. I would also want to have separate administrators for each of the software modules (e.g. A squid admin should only have access to squid configuration files)


Is it possible for me to get this done via LDAP ? I understand I can have central authentication done via LDAP, but having access to specific modules/software is still beyond my Linux understanding.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment