Wednesday 7 December 2011

Linux on router - not PC as a router - how to start

Linux on router - not PC as a router - how to start

Hello, can somebody point me to some good sources regarding installing a linux distro on a router - not PC as a router - just to start with? Googled a lot, only found "linux pc as router" articles, and that's not what I'm looking for.

I need 24/7 SVN access and do not want to buy a server for it, and I require it to be 100% quiet, which a router is.

I'm looking for some good lists or articles that explain
1) router types that the distros can be installed on
2) the distros itself
3) is it possible to have SVN? [presume yes]
4) how much flash memory do those routers have?

Thanks, or, post here if you have experience / related information.

Regards,
kbs1

No comments:

Post a Comment