Monday 12 December 2011

Linux Security Books

Linux Security Books

I recently applied at the SANS institute as a Linux admin. Part of the application process was taking the GCUX cert test. Now I have been a Linux Admin for about 2 years. I've been in the IT field for over 11 years. Where I work the environment is 100% development on an isolated network in a secure facility so security was not really exercised. I failed the GCUX test miserably. I borrowed a book from a friend on Linux Security. About Chapter 2, I noticed that some of the material seemed out dated. I flipped to the publishers pages and found the book published in 2000. So I set up to find a more recent book on Linux Security, but for the most part they are around 2000-2003. With a few "hackers guide" books in 2008. What is the most current Linux Security Book that one can pickup?

Cliff notes.
- I suck an Linux Security, what is the most current book that I can buy on Linux Security?

No comments:

Post a Comment