Wednesday 7 December 2011

Modem Driver

Modem Driver

I am having problems in getting my modem driver installed. I have a modem that I bought 6 years ago that came with drivers for Linux. Recently I decided to take the plunge into Linux (OpenSuse 12.1). I followed the instructions that came with it and got the following:

linux-6qs2:/home/travis # make clean
cd coredrv; make clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/travis/coredrv'
rm -f *.o *~ core
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/travis/coredrv'
cd serialdrv; make clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/travis/serialdrv'
rm -f *.o *~ core
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/travis/serialdrv'
rm -f *.o
rm -f *.o
linux-6qs2:/home/travis # make 536ep

Module precompile check
Current running kernel is: 3.1.0-1.2-default
/lib/modules... autoconf.h does not exist
please install kernel source
make: *** [check] Error 1
linux-6qs2:/home/travis # make install
bash 536ep-inst
running kernel 3.1.0-1.2-default
unsupported kernel version.
make: *** [install] Error 1

The driver says that it supports 2.4.x kernels. How do I find an updated version that supports 3.1.x? Is there anyway a noob like me can somehow alter it so that it will support the newer kernel, or am I trying to go in over my head?

No comments:

Post a Comment