Tuesday 6 December 2011

Problem with my custom kernel with tun module

Problem with my custom kernel with tun module

I am trying to make juniper vpn to work. Then I tried whatever said in this website.
geekyschmidt.com/2010/05/11/juniper-connect-64bit-debian

Now, my kernel is all messed.
It seems like module tun is working...
Code:

$ lsmod | grep tun
tun                      762  0

But I got this error

Code:

$dmesg | grep tun
[  21.327778] tun: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel.

I used cisco anyconnect vpn client and kvpnc. Both were working ok. They are also broken now.

Code:

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again.
Code:

error: Device file "/dev/net/tun" cannot be opened.
debug: There is a reason to stop connecting, terminating "vpnc" process.
debug: Disconnect requested
debug: Disconnect requested, status connecting
debug: Killing process while connecting.
error: [disconnect err] SIOCDELRT: No such process
error: [disconnect err]
success: Successful connect try canceled.
debug: Disconnected.
error: Tunnel interface cannot be initialized.

I am using Linux image 2.6.26-2-amd64. I tried to remove module tun. It did not work. I thought If i make menuconfig or xconfig, I can select the original "Universal TUN/TAP driver"..But this did not work either...

Code:

yunus:/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64# make xconfig
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common/scripts/Makefile.build:44: /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common/scripts/basic/Makefile: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common/scripts/basic/Makefile'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
yunus:/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-amd64# make menuconfig
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common/scripts/Makefile.build:44: /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common/scripts/basic/Makefile: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common/scripts/basic/Makefile'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I tried reinstalling my kernel, but it did not solve my problem....
Code:

aptitude reinstall linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64
How can I get rid of this modified module from my kernel?
Can I reinstall uncustomized kernel?
Can I at least select driver for tun by menuconfig or somehow?

No comments:

Post a Comment