Tuesday 13 December 2011

Secondary HD install

Secondary HD install

Hello all. VERY new to Linux and I'm finding the learning cover to be pretty massive. hope you can help me out with what should be a very simple task I'm sure. I built a cpu to use as a "Ghetto" server as it were for media files and back-ups etc. it's linked into my home network which is primarily windows based and has been working very well for about a year now. I ran out of hd space the other day and decided to pick-up a 1tb internal drive to add to the system. I have installed the drive physically and the system acknowledges it's presence but that's about it. When i run a system monitor it still shows my HD at 98% capacity. I did some reading and followed a tutorial on how to mount the drive through terminal etc and now the machine wont boot properly. I'm required to hit control s to avoid that drive in the boot up sequence i guess. any way, as i say, what should have been a dead easy two minute upgrade has turned into a serious pain in the......! . is there a step by step sticky on this for a complete "newbie" such as myself? The one I followed previously was from Ubuntu / Linux support i believe. thanx!

No comments:

Post a Comment