Thursday 8 December 2011

Sub-Ubuntu Distro

Sub-Ubuntu Distro

Hi! I want to get into linux more, and I've recently thought up a cool project that I would want to do. I've seen that some people package ubuntu with various software and themes and make their own 'distro', though it is more of a sub distro of the parent one, in this case Ubuntu.

So I think I can manage packaging it and installing a new DE etc, but how would I customize the installation screen so it has my distro name and custom background etc. Also the boot up screen when it says Ubuntu, how would I change that?

Also, after I package my distro up, how would I burn it to a .iso . I have a second machine that I can develop/test on, but once it's complete, how do I burn it to a disk image?

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment