Thursday 8 December 2011

Thread where Noobs can bang their heads against the WALL!

Thread where Noobs can bang their heads against the WALL!

In the words of the great Charlie Brown

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!


I really want to get the <Expletive deleted> away from Windows but It's SO DAMNED FRUSTRATING!

learning to use a new OS is one thing but when you're trying to get the danmed thing up and running and don't know WTH you are doing. It get REALLY IRRITATING when people try to help by saying try this or try that and the DANMED OS says It doesn't recognize the commands you are trying to run. What's more frustrating is that you KNOW that it's not a hardware problem and that it's just the OS not set up right. But you don't know how to make it work. AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I been trying to read up on what I can on Linux and there's a lot of stuff I want to try out but since I can't get the damned WIFI working I can't Download anything thus have nothing to try to learn how to install and it's a right PAIN trying to run through Tutorials on 2 different machines running 2 different OS with 2 different Keyboard layouts (1 qwerty 1 dvorak)

I wish there was some sort of Linux GURU/NOOB mentor program. Or at the very least that I wasn't the only person I know that's (trying) to run linux...


SIGH.... Sorry for the rant I just needed to scream and shout and vent for a bit... No doubt I will eventually get this thing running so that A. It's actually a QUASI useful machine instead of the glorified typewriter it is now. and B. I can actually do some of the things in the tutorials without the hassle of trying to run 2 machines to do the job 1 should be able to do.

And before you tell me just how much there is I can learn without the internet (I just learned about man pages) Most of the tutorials and whatnot that I'm learning from is on the net thus it's much more productive for me to have it available WHILE I work. Instead of running back and forth.

At least I haven't given up yet. Lord willing I even have some other machines to put linux on but I need to at least get 1 working correctly first.

Again sorry for the *****andmoan session. Just needed to let off some steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment