Thursday 1 December 2011

Trying to {sudo yum install nodejs}

Trying to {sudo yum install nodejs}

Hi All, I'm trying to instal Node.js on Centos5 but I know nothing about installing things on Linux.
I've tried lots of different things and I'm just in a mess.
I've got a nodejs-stable.repo in a folder located here...
/etc/yum.repos.d
I also downloaded a tar thingy and put it some where and then I'm told to run this...
sudo yum install nodejs
This is the output...

audit_log_user_command(): Connection refused
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* nodejs-stable: nodejs.tchol.org
* base: update.onlinehome-server.info
* updates: update.onlinehome-server.info
* addons: update.onlinehome-server.info
* extras: update.onlinehome-server.info
baeb37e23fb93b3a342ebed21 100% |=========================| 10 kB 00:00
http://nodejs.tchol.org/stable/el6/x...ry.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -3] Error performing checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/baeb37e23fb93b3a342ebed21256334e5b0cffe652fbdd113e 94fbd50068e110-primary.sqlite.bz2 from nodejs-stable: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get Node.js installed on the server please?
Thanks
Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment