Friday 16 December 2011

Which Distro should I install?

Which Distro should I install?

Hello everyone,

I have an old laptop. I'd like to install on it a linux environment

The computer is from 2001, it was orginally running windows Me.

The specifics are:

Pentium III 933Mhz
640K System Ram Passed
119K Extended Ram Passed
8M video share memory passed
20 Gb HDD

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to know the Ram capacity, because now the laptop is broke down, I tried to open it but it was to complicated to get to the ram slot. Those are the data I got from the boot screen.

I tried to install Debian but it seems it's not working.

So I was thinking to install or Puppy Linux either Lubuntu.
What do you suggest me? Is my old laptop good enough for this distro?

Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment