Sunday 11 December 2011

Wireless internet problems?

Wireless internet problems?

Hey there. Just joined because I really need help with this.

I'm pretty kinda very new to Linux, so forgive my ignorance.

I installed it a few months ago on my laptop, and it worked fine for a while.

About a month ago, it simply stopped detecting wireless networks. My router from my rents desktop has always been a bit iffy, but it used to detect all the standard BT, etc netowrks too. Now it won't detect anything.

I took it into the repair shop, and the guy said he didn't know enough about linux to be able to fix it. -_-

Now, the fan has also been going a bit haywire, and I think that it could have messed up some actual hardware, but before I rip the thing apart and play with the insides, I wanted to know. Is there any reason why having Linux OS on my laptop would disable the wireless detector?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment