Friday 2 December 2011

Application initialization failed: this isn't a Tk applicationcouldn't

Application initialization failed: this isn't a Tk applicationcouldn't

I get this error message when I want to run some of my software in linux.

Application initialization failed: this isn't a Tk applicationcouldn't connect to display "localhost.localdomain:59535

I can run xclock and wish with no problems, but somehow it doesn't allow my software to run tk.



I was thinking somehow it might be related to my xserver. When I do startx OR Xorf -configure, I get

xauth: file $HOMEi/.serverauth.5225 does not exist

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
and start again.

Originally, I had things working on Centos before my boot partition was destroyed and I had to re-install. Didn't think their would be issues between Centos and Fedora. Can anyone help me with this issue. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment