Sunday 18 December 2011

Black Screen on load - hp dv5

Black Screen on load - hp dv5

Newbie here- I have used ubuntu on my CQ60 via live CD with ease. I decided to use on HP dv5 and it won't load, I downloaded and burned new iso, ubuntu 11.10 i386 and tried fedora, occassionally i get sound from ubuntu but both i get a black screen just after the beginning of the loading process. I can get into my bios prior and change my boot order(currently win.7) do I need to change some other bios settings? I am not completely computer illiterate, but pretty new to linux. I remember the days of 'dos' and command lines etc, so not afraid of that stuff, just don't know what to do in linux :) please help :) I am wanting this new computer to be solely linux can't wait to get rid of windows! THANKS! OH here is my system:

HP Pavillion dv5 2155dx
2.4 ghz i3 m370
4GB
450G HD
(what else do you need?)

thanks again for any help

(i'm running a memory test right now from the troubleshooting option with the fedora dvd)

No comments:

Post a Comment