Sunday 18 December 2011

Help - black screen on loading - newbie

Help - black screen on loading - newbie

Hello all, need some help. I am new to linux and have been using ubuntu via flash drive and also from live cd. they have worked great on my CQ60, so I decided to try on my HP Pavillion DV5 2155dx - it starts to load but after the first sceens with script?(a bunch of lines of text) I get a black screen without a prompt or anything.(occassionally I get the sound) HELP!! Do I need some sort of drivers? I am not totally computer illiterate, but don't have a clue where to start.
(I am wanting to go pure linux and get rid of windows)

Ubuntu 11.10 desktop i386
Here is what I have: (currently has windows 7 on it)
HP Pavillion dv5
i3 CPU m370 2.4 ghz
4GB ram
64 bit
440 GB Hard Drive

what else do you need to know to help me :)

THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment