Thursday 15 December 2011

Do I have to pay for Linux? Just dont get it!

Do I have to pay for Linux? Just dont get it!

I have downloaded Virtualbox (free) and installed opensuse 12.1 (free). Brill

I now want to install server based linux systems, to test work related products out. The idea being that using virtualbox - free, and a linux os free will help me evaluate products without infringing on os licensing issues....I stress this is not to install a server, stick on a 5 - 10000 user base and then roll out to an entire enterprise, simply, have a virtualbox install image of the linux os, install the necessary products I want to test and can then pass to colleugues for them to evaluate.

Are any of these products free and would what I am suggesting cause any potential licensing issues?

AIX 5.3
AIX 6.1
LINUX REDHAT EL5/X86_64 64BIT
LINUX SUSE SLES10/X86_64 64BIT
LINUX SUSE SLES11/X86_64 64BIT

:confused:

No comments:

Post a Comment