Thursday 15 December 2011

FileZilla works, SFTP not

FileZilla works, SFTP not

I need to connect to an sftp-site with a private/public key combination. I've sent my public key to the site administrator and can connect with FileZilla without any problems. Within FileZilla I specified the location of my private key in the SFTP-settings.

I would like to automate my FTP commands in a script, so my next step was to try sftp.

I tried sftp with the -i option referring tot the private key file. I've also tried to copy the private key file to the .ssh-directory and chmod the key file to 600.

But each time sftp requires a password after connecting, whereas FileZilla works out-of-the-box.

Can you help me to solve this so I can consider scripting my downloads?

Tx for your help

Ivan

No comments:

Post a Comment