Saturday 10 December 2011

is there a LIST of packages on other debian DVD's

is there a LIST of packages on other debian DVD's

When looking to download my Distro Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.3 the website said I only needed the first dvd to get Linux up and running... and that I should only DL the other disks if I knew there were packages on them that I needed. but I can't find a list of what programs are on what disk.

ALSO assuming I download some of these disks how do I go about installing the contents. I remember when doing my original install that it asked if I had any other disks to put them in the drive and install at that time.. but at that time I didn't have any other disks.

I have some things I know I want to try out on this new system and learn how to use but I can't seem to find a list broken down by DVD I'm looking for Video/Audio Editing packages... I know I have other programs as well that are win programs thus I will need WINE as well... can someone point me in the right direction???

No comments:

Post a Comment